The controversial horror flick was passed by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) for an 18 certificate last week after the film’s producers made two minutes and 37 seconds of cuts.
Board members had initially refused to classify the film and claimed that cuts were not “a viable option”. The decision was criticised by director Tom Six who defended the film as “art”.
Commenting on their Board’s u-turn, Six said: “I am insanely happy I can now show my beautiful deformed baby to the FrightFest audience.”
Festival co-director Alan Jones said: “FrightFest world premiered the original film also directed by Tom Six, and this sequel is exactly the sort of genre movie FrightFest is world-famous for championing: it’s surprising, shocking, satirical, sobering and sensational.”
” Horror movies rarely come as controversial as Six’s latest assault on the senses and we cannot wait to let our audience share its complex cleverness and introduce them to as many cast and crew members as we can.”
Tom Six and producer Ilona Six will attend the film’s UK premiere at the Vue Cinema in London’s Leicester Square on Saturday, October 29.
The movie has been given the coveted midnight slot at the annual FrightFest Halloween all-nighter, which runs from 6pm until dawn. Tickets are priced at £50 and are available to buy online at myvue.com.